View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpicker View Post
Glad everyone's enjoying this disc as much as I am, and thanks again to JR and Steve for making it so sweet (and for including yours truly).

It occurs to me to mention one listening note that I've been noodling on. Unlike (the few) other CDs built around a similar idea - notably Tony McManus's recent Maker's Mark and Al Petteway's Dream Guitars I - the tracks on Hand Made Music were all recorded in different studio settings (mostly home studios, I expect, though I know of a couple exceptions). Different rooms, different mikes and pres, etc. I'll bet the intrinsic sounds of each builder's guitar come through despite that fact, but it makes strict A/B comparisons complicated.
Excellent point Mr. Hamlin! Perhaps the thing that makes this CD so special is this difference in rooms, mics , etc.

Quote:
ALL the tracks sound really good, IMHO - it's not a question of quality at all, just an interesting (to me, at least) added dimension to the CD. It's important that we had such a capable mastering engineer at the helm to integrate it all, and kudos to Steve Reinthal for tackling that challenge. Not everyone would relish the idea of putting together a single jigsaw puzzle from such disparate parts!
Absolutely agreed!! Hats off and mugs high for the whiz kid from down under. Steve has patience, great ears, and tons of talent!

Quote:
Cool CD and I'm very proud to have been part of it.
Definitely cool to be included.
I am sure all of us would like to express our gratitude to the luthiers who hooked the players up with incredible instruments. You people rock!

P.S. If anyone is interested I made a video to promote the McKnight Guitars and the CD. Click on either the video link or webiste link in my signature to take a look.
Spotify

FOR SALE:
MIKTEK CV4 Tube mic
Various Shock Mounts
2019 Alvarez ABT60 SHB-E Baritone guitar
Shoot me a PM if interested

Last edited by Feste; 07-09-2010 at 06:30 AM.