View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 06:30 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocobolo Kid View Post
David,

Thanks for the post, and I'm glad you are so happy with your Baranik Meridian, as am I. I just reread your Aurora build thread and wow is that a special guitar.

It's hard to believe that you don't play your Hamblin GC much or are considering selling it to fund your new build. I remember reading the review of your Hamblin in Acoustic magazine, and the reviewer thought it was one of the best fingerstyle guitars he had ever played. As much as I love all my guitars, including my Hamblin GC, I will probably sell one to fund my new build as well. I just don't have room in my humidified den for another case and I can only play so many guitars. I try to play all my guitars fairly evenly as each has a unique sound that I enjoy.

If you do sell your Hamblin, someone is going to be very, very lucky. I even saved my copy of Acoustic magazine with the review of your Hamblin in it.

By the way, my first run Wolfram tungsten carbide slide is also a thing of beauty. Thanks for dreaming that up.

Cheers.
Hi John,

Yes, it would be wrench to move my Hamblin on - it would probably be the last to go. They're awesome guitars - I was sorely tempted to spring for the ziricote GC that became yours! - and the more rare now that Kent is no longer building. Incidentally, Mike Baranik and Kent Hamblin are great friends, and I was lucky enough to meet them both in person here in England when they were over for an event at the Acoustic Music Company in Brighton.

I've had a Mod-D-shaped hole in my collection since I first played a Somogyi MD six years ago but Tom Sands is the first builder whose Mod-D really worked for me, coupling that huge bass with a really sweet treble. I figured I would commission one while his prices are still very reasonable. I just can't afford to add another guitar though, so one or two of mine will need to move on...

Incidentally Richard Thomas, who reviewed my Hamblin GC for Acoustic Magazine, owns a lovely Baranik Meridian.

Cheers,
David

P.S. Fantastic to hear you're still loving your Wolfram slide!

Perfecting the interface between you and your guitar.
wolframslides.com
Endorsed by Martin Simpson and Tony McManus.