Thread: Loop Pedal
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 06:20 AM

Thanks for all the comments, advice and even instruction in this thread.

I just thought I would post what I came up with: I bought a Boss RC 1. I set it up like I was instructed in this thread and it is doing exactly what I want.

I have an RV6 pedal which I connect the guitar to, then that connects to the looper, then the looper connects to a clean channel. I record the rythm clean, then play it back as I play the lead with reverb from the RV 6.

The fx I remember from the sixties is mostly limited to reverb, and tremolo in the amp and a fuzz tone box. Things have changed a bit during the ensuing fifty years or so.

That said, when I was in the sixth grade, circa 1960, we had a next door neighbor that was a guitarist for a band that played on local TV on Saturday Nights. My Dad and I would visit with him some times as he played and practiced on his couch. I remember him using a reel to reel recorder to play one part and then accompany it. I remember him saying that he stumbled across a way to delay with the tape recorder. Maybe that isn’t exactly what he was doing, because I was too young to thoroughly understand and now too old to remember if I had understood.

The same guy offered to teach me to play a guitar, but we were so poor, there was no way I could afford to buy a guitar even a cheap one.
2017 Les Paul Tribute Model
Bugera V22 Tube Amplifier
1969 Oscar Teller Classical
Martin DRS2
Yamaha FG700S