View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 09:48 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Progress

Here is a picture of the sides I've been working on;

There is a lot going on here. You can see I've laid up some Walnut that will serve as the base for an arm bevel. I am clamping in the kerfing which are also strips of Walnut. I don't usually do solid linings but for reasons that will become apparent later this is what I am going with.
Additionally, you can see the mouth of the throated side port that I've been working on (like a dog). Starting from the mouth the hole quickly makes a left and turns up 45% so the sound will be aimed right at the player. I've been working on the tuned port idea for quite a while now. It will move more sound, a lot more efficiently. I am using the meat of the heel block and the back of the cutaway to accomplish this without adding weight or taking up too much additional room inside the guitar. I've made most of the heel block from some very lightweight Spanish Cedar to help keep the weight down and to give it nice breath .

Thanks for following along on this one!
Mark

“Let me make the songs of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws.”. Andrew Fletcher