View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 02:44 PM
Music soothes the soul!

Default Progress ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Well, this will be a killer axe! Dennis you are commissioning a monster!!!
If I may chime in here, I am sold on bevels and ports. Once you have experienced the comfort and aural enhancement it is very difficult to go back. Technology meets old world craftsmanship, and the player's experience is just easier and more comfortable. I play most of my gigs unplugged completely and I sing too. The ports make hearing the guitar in noisy places MUCH easier.
I have heard nothing but raves about Mr Tippin's work. This one will be a peach. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing.
Cheers
Paul
Couldn't agree more on the bevels and ports. Really make things more pleasant. Appreciate your following along with me Paul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgr40 View Post
I am always drawn to the neck heel treatments on Tippin guitars.
I especially like the sculpted half ebony look many of his heels have. And there have been some really killer inlaid looking heels on his necks.
Would love to see what you have in mind for this one, or some progress photos of neck construction.
Interesting question. I have left the heel for Bill to decide. I have seen some really cool work in that area too so I'm kind of wondering what he is going to come up with. He hasn't sent any neck photos yet ... hopefully soon. Will post as soon as they come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
CF, loved the pics and lesson on Salmon Spruce! Never heard of it. I keep learning here... think that's why joined the AGF.

Thanks for chiming in Kerbie. Salmon Spruce was a new one on me as well. Can't wait to hear what mine sounds like. This is one of Bill's OMT models with Salmon Spruce and EIR. Bill told me the Crescendo he is building for me will blow this away!

Earlier I mentioned we were planning something special on the back strip. These are shell flares top and bottom that will flow into the binding. I think they look awesome!

In this photo the streaks in the Salmon Sitka are more evident. French polish is going to really bring them out.

Till next time ...