View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 05:16 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevied63 View Post
... Couple of questions for you: (a) I see you are getting an arm bevel - is this your first? and (b) same question, but related to sound port. I'm considering an arm bevel on my 2018 build with Steve Kinnaird - so would welcome your thoughts/experience. I'm not considering a sound port, but curious on what drove you to spec one.
Actually, I have experienced an arm bevel many times now. Years ago I purchased a Taylor BTO that had one. Couldn't believe what a difference it made in comfort. The guitar sounded incredible, with plenty of power and projection so I was hard pressed to see the argument about reduced airspace. Since that first, I have ordered an arm bevel on every commission. Love em! I have one on my recent OMDB from Kinnaird Guitars. (pics begin @ at post 19)

My first sound port was on a second hand Hatcher, and I was really impressed with the sonic enhancement to the player space. Don't know about you but a lot of my guitar playing is for me, myself and I. Anytime I am doing a commission, I get one. Love em! There is one on the afore mentioned Kinnaird OMDB.

Hope this helps. As you can see, I am a proponent of both.