View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 04:08 AM

Kevin ryan is one of this second golden age's more famous luthiers and i reckon he can truly say his guitars are different from other luthiers' guitars and he walks his own guitar path.

I have only played the cathedral and nightingale models (i own one) but both were very different from each other.

The cathedral was like a high end home entertainment AV system with a earth shaking subwoofer. The nightingale was almost literally a cannon - the notes produced are loud, fat, warm and an almost unique feature was how the treble, mid and bass seemed part of each other rather than being distinct
It was a huge coherent note that always rrmained very warm and the mid range ia not scooped at all but very prominent. YMMV of course.

Ryan also introduced many ergonomic and technical features in his guitars and some.are paid homage tl by other luthiers such as the ryan arm bevel and the lomger scale.