View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie RedZone View Post
We received two more of the Journey OF660's last week. I've scrutinized these two, checking for sub-par fretwork and intonation issues. On both of these two, the fretwork is excellent - no issues whatsoever. I've checked the OF660's intonation with a tuner, and compared with that of my workhorse Yamaha A3R. According to the tuner, the Journey's intonation was actually slightly better than the Yamaha's, though they were very close...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
This is what I hoped to hear and is what I expected would be observed. Great, great news. Thanks much.

In addition to selling this model for about a year now, we also just received a fresh batch of OF660's, and as we do with every guitar that arrives in the store, we inspected them carefully, and found no issues that needed attention. I would point out however that we dealers tend to look at guitars differently than consumers do. While we look for issues that keep the guitar from meeting factory specs, customers might have a higher expectation. Nothing wrong with that of course, it's what drives manufacturers to do better.

Bottom line, Journey has provided us with an all carbon fiber travel guitar of excellent quality for $1095 shipped to your door, this is a huge accomplishment, and it's something no one else has been able to do. We sell more Journey guitars than any other dealer and I can honestly say I have received very few complaints over the last few years.