View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masao View Post
Axeman, the 'signature' on your 75 maybe the maker or just a QC guy. Cannot tell without a closer and full look. And that 'signature' looks like what the Japanese call a 'hanko'. In Japan, hand signatures are not considered to be legally binding. Registered hand made stamps (hanko) are legally binding signatures. Hanko's are usually circular or square - mostly red but sometimes black colored. I have my dad's hanko (used for legal stuff).

I have a FG-110 that i bought in Japan back in the 60's. Tonight i will take a look and see if that has a 'hanko' and possibly what it says.

Ken (Jpn American who lived in Japan 18 yrs)
Thanks so much for the information Ken. I have read books, that talked about these types of signatures, but wasn't aware of what the Japanese called them. I'll try to remember what a "hanko" is from now on.

The "signature" on the 110 still has me puzzled. Not terribly important, but it has my curiosity peaked.

It is a deliberate mark of some kind, I just don't know what, and may never know.
Goya GG-161 1971 Model
“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ― Aristophanes