View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 10:47 AM

Kessel and Malkin have made up the slack - meaning that the "two-headed monster" is actually becoming a three headed monster. Then there are the minor league players who have come up and are making contributions so I'm not really worried about Sid - or Kris Le Tang for that matter. I'm not involved in Fantasy sports so as long as they're out there contributing to the team I'm not concerned about numbers. I just want to be able to get cheap seats on Stub Hub and see them out there.

Meanwhile, things are really getting interesting in the Metro. The Pens and Flyers are tied for second and both are only one point behind the Capitals. This has me more excited than being worried about Sid losing at the face offs. To be in the running this far on in the season after winning two cups in a row the previous two seasons just leads me to feel that this is truly a Herculean effort by all the experienced players.

What I'm trying to wrap my head around though, is this three way trade with Ottawa and Las Vegas. I know the Pens are getting a big hand but am wondering what they're giving up. I know that Cole is gone but have yet to really pore through the details.

Also, I'm pretty bummed. I am signed up for alerts on Stub Hub and saw tickets for $40 for Tuesday's game in the upper bowl (which still provides a better view of the ice than watching on television) but family commitments were prohibitive.