View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyg1 View Post
Does this Eon One have a sound that is big and warm in the low mids?

After having played through a Fishman SA220 and finding it severely lacking in any warm low mids and knowing that the sound will carry farther before falling in apparent volume, I'm wary of small driver line array products (At least for players who have a voice that they themselves, at least, consider a touch towards the nasal side).

I should say that playing through the largest Bose and a supremely expensive and ultra heavy, Renkus Heinz array with a line of 4"'s wasn't terrible.

Do you all think that this is more of a PA style solution where two of them really improves the sound?
Not sure if JBL designed this to be exclusively a P.A. solution. It seems the One is more like a guitar / duo / singer / song player solution. You 'can' DJ with it but you can also drive your Ferrari to the grocery store to get milk & eggs, but why?

I can say that the One with the 10" bass speaker is much warmer & projects more bass than the Bose L1C that has an 8" bass speaker. It's a matter of physics & amp power. The One had a great crossover point also. It sounded to me to be more seamless than the L1C, but of course, it may sound different to your ears. Go test them at your local GC (if you're in the U.S.) & hear for yourself.

Alvarez ABT60 Bari Nat/ABT60E Rust-burst
Cordoba Flamenco GK Studio Zircote
D'Angelico Lexington Dred
Ibanez AC240 OM hog
2x Martin DSR Dred rosewood
Martin DSM Dred hog
Martin full Ovangkol Dred
Martin D-35 (2019)
Yamaha A5M Jap Cust Shop Dred
Yamaha A3M Dred
Yamaha A4K full Koa Dred
Bose S1 Pro
JBL Eon 1 original (2 each)

Objects in the future are closer then they appear.