View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 05:42 AM

Default Played a Yamaha FG730 and was impressed is the LS6 as good

I was at the local GC yesterday and played a Yamaha FG730. It was a very impressive looking guitar. The cosmetics led me to believe it had a much higher price tag than $299. What really impressed me was the way it sounded. There are very few guitars in that price range that sound that good. So this had me interested in what Yamaha has in their line. I really don't want or need another Dread...I am looking for an OM or Grand Concert size guitar. Looking at their line there are two that kind of have my interest. Yamaha makes an LS720 and the step up is into the LS6. I am very interested in the LS6 as I am looking to spend in the $500 range for a decent OM size guitar. The LS6 looks like it fits the bill, but there is no where in Central PA that I will find one...so I am looking for some feedback on this model. I have looked at the threads and there have been discussions about Yamaha's and many people seem to be very passionate about them. If the price is any indication...I would think the LS6 would be a great guitar (based on the quality/value that I saw in the FG730). I guess I am looking for some feedback.

My plans would be to buy an LS6 and put a K&K pure pickup in it for use on occasional solo jobs....although I have a Crafter SA (T5 copy) that I use most often. I just enjoy the balanced sound of an OM and would like to have something which plays and sounds good as an option for practice and use sometimes on a job.