View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 01:36 PM

Over a year ago before I purchased my AP-70 I went to one of the dealers I buy from. It was spring of 2011 and he had a store wide with outdoor tent sale. Many items that were gathering dust were sold for pennies on the dollar. When I arrived after work on a saturday it just started raining, so I went to the outdoor tent. Amps, guitars, boxes and boxes of merchandice of all sorts were avaiable. There at the very edge of the shelter of the tent was a Alvarez case unlike any I have seen before, tanish in color with antiquie fastners and a Alvarez logo on the case and on a small medallon near the handle all in all very nice. They wanted sixty five dollars but when I pointed out it was already getting wet they droped it down to thirty. I really wanted it for my Alvarez dreadnaught that was over thirty years old but when I got home it was way too small for it. So in a closet it went for over a year. When I bought the AP-70, my dealer asked about a case for it and I told him this story, now every time I play the parlor guitar I can`t help but think that it was fate that saved a beautiful case from the rain and made me wait for the right guitar to come by.