View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 03:27 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiejoon View Post
Looking good! That bubinga is exceptional...makes me have thoughts I should not...about yet another guitar.
Thanks Jamie! Those kind of thoughts are something to get accustomed to if you hang around the Custom area much. Eye candy everywhere to stimulate the senses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Cedar View Post
Emerging from the 'ugly phase'...can see a gorgeous guitar coming to life. Thanks for sharing the journey, and also the back-story on John's generosity to someone in need. Both are awesome!
Thanks Andy. Appreciate your thoughts!

John sent me this "preview' of the rosette. Clearly he isn't finished with it (the finish sanding, etc), but you get the idea...a smaller tight fitting tile look. John did one like this a while back and it was really special so we decided to do another on this guitar.

The wood for the rosette is a combination of bois d'rose, padouk, and bubinga with silver dots. John tells me that he thinks a bois d'rose might be a good idea also for the fingerboard as well.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 12-16-2017 at 08:53 AM.