View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjFuzzyMcPickle View Post
I couldn't disagree more. Acoustic AMPLIFIED clean and without all these freakin gadgets is still acoustic in sound and in the literal aspect...just amplified acoustic. I think that's where the real purist debate stems from. I think when you add all these gizmos and processing is where the word acoustic starts to become an oxymoron or figurative version of acoustic.
While I agree with the idea that an amplified acoustic with no other FX ( just so we are clear EQ is an FX) can sound more like acoustic sound, than say an electric guitar. It is in fact by definition literally no longer "acoustic sound". And in fact does not sound exactly like an un amplified acoustic, ever. Not at the current (even state of the art) reproduction. Now where is that skin caliper ?

That you personally do not like sound produced by "all these freakin gadgets" while perfectly viable as a subjective preference. But do personally like the sound of "clean amplification"
Does nothing to alter the fact that an acoustic guitar amplified, is no longer producing the sound being heard, (except for possibly the player themselves) It is instead the picup and or mic, preamp, amplifier and speakers that are electrically reproducing and amplifying the signal and producing "the sound". It's really just simple physics and fact of definition. If you want to issue your own personal subjective definition by all means have at it.

This however is the one in my desk top dictionary.
[I]" Acoustic: #2 (of music or musical instruments) not having electrical amplification :

The truth is it's all good and that different people enjoy producing music differently is the beauty of art , not a curse.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 09-02-2013 at 09:10 PM.