View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 11:18 AM

I had a 9v battery die on stage a few weeks back so this thread is timely for me. It was a new pedal and I didn't realize it had half the battery life of the others.

So I bought one of these USB-9v converters from Amazon, branded MyVolts and has the correct polarity.

I bought a USB battery pack with a battery gauge on it, and can use the batteries in the pedals as a backup.

Funny how things creep up on you, I started with one pedal a year ago, now I am up to three, that is too many to be fussing about with 9v batteries in gizmos with no battery gauge.

While I was at it I bought a small 4-pedal board, the addition of those power cables made too many cables for me.

I might just buy a t-rex jr power supply and ditch batteries altogether. But the portability of batteries is cool, with my THR-10 I can play without power anywhere, a good capability to have IMHO. And only having to charge one battery is a big improvement.

Edit: FYI for 9v battery lovers, the new EBL li-ion 9v batteries hold 3x the charge of NI-MH's, putting them on par with Alkalines. I am switching to those for my guitars.
Zoom G3 pedal
Amps: THR-10 (small), DBR-10 (med), QSC-K10 (large)