View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 02:40 PM

Default What I'm proud of...

No, seriously, you don't hurt my pride. You have some killer guitars and I'm afraid that Sigma's, while some of them "can" sound really good for the price (as compared to the only logical comparative brand, Martin), they don't compete with the jewels in your personal collection. What I am proud of is that I have a couple guitars that sound great but didn't cost me a lot of money. That is a rare thing. Most of what is inexpensive sounds inexpensive. I always think it's interesting when I find a guitar that sounds hundreds better than the price. What I cannot stand is guitars in the $1500-3000 range that I think sound awful. I notice it with a lot of Gibsons especially. I wonder if anyone else notices the same.
Taylor 815C, Taylor 410e, Taylor 314ce, Taylor 224ce-K DLX, Taylor 110e, Martin D-18GE, Martin D-14 Woodstock, Little Martin Felix II, Sigma DM-5, Sigma DR-41, Martin 000x1e, Washburn 314k Parlor-125th anniv, Yamaha FG730s, Liberty Mahogany resonator
Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Epiphone Sheraton II, Fender Amer. Std. SSH Strat, Ibanez SZ520