View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 04:12 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmsden
The Fender is fine for what I do, which is sit on the couch, drink beer and play old stuff. There are probably better amps out there for someone who gigs out.
The way I read your post, this is the crux of your need and the POD is your solution. Personally, with little exception, electric guitars run straight through an acoustic amp just don't sound very good -- especially if you want to vary your sound(s), including wailing out with distortion and other effects (which the POD is full of in addition to the dozens of modelled classic amps -- has a built-in tuner too). Most with an electric guitar want to do this from time-to-time. Not to over-push the POD, but it's the cheapest way to go and don't assume that these little kidney-shaped tone monsters can't meet your need. If your needs change and the absolute authentic tone of a particular amp is what you want to go for, then by all means, buy a good electric guitar amp. But again, that's not what I read you want/need. JMO.

Last edited by Acousticado; 04-15-2004 at 04:25 PM.