View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 01:14 AM

I almost hate to say this (because if this guitar does not sell maybe the OP will drop the price to a point where I could convince my wife that I could buy this!), but in my personal opinion The Podium's Singer Songwriter D28 is one of the greatest guitars you could get. It is a great flatpicking and strumming guitar, of course, but it is also one of the best fingerstyle instruments I have played. Really. Seriously, even though it is a dreadnaught.

I almost bought one of these, and compared it, carefully (over a few months), to many many other high end guitars at The Podium a few years back. In my hands, and with my ears, the Singer Songwriter surpassed all of them as a wonderful fingerstyle guitar, except for a Martin Ditson (which was comparable but different - I still wish I had not let that one slip past me), and the Goodall Concert Jumbo that I ended up buying (which was not better but different in an appealing way). The only guitar that came close otherwise, in my opinion, was a really nice used Santa Cruz that they had in the shop at the time.

The Podium's Singer Songwriter D28 has an incredibly strong voice for very dynamic fingerstyle playing. It has a deep, rich tone, but also a lot of clarity. This is a really really nice, really satisfying guitar to play (for perspective, my other guitars are a very nice classical, a Goodall, and a Martin 000-15, and I am primarily a fingerstyle/classical player). I still really want one of these Singer-Songwriters, and it pains me to not snap this one up!