View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch3 View Post
I am a beginner, let's get that out there.

Okay, so I bought a Jasmine S-33 Full Sized guitar however I have very small hands and am worried that learning the guitar on this style will hinder my progress and become a hard process.

I'm looking at taking my guitar back and getting either an Alveraz or Ibanez 3/4 size acoustic guitar - and I just wanna know what the difference is in the sound between a full size and 3/4 size guitar.

Thanks. Oh and will learning on a 3/4 size be a lot easier than a full-size?

I'm 17, but my hands are smaller than msot girls I know. Just to give you an idea.
Im learning on a 00 size ( Epiphone EL00) I also have small hands and I have a shoulder problem that makes the dreads uncomfortable to hold. I love the size of the 00 but was looking for a parlor size guitar also thinking it is even smaller and probably would be even easier. After playing for a few weeks I am finding the 00 very easy to manage. I still might like another guitar because since I have been looking at Larrivee Parlors I would just like to have one but not because the 00 is too big. Actually my husbands 0000 with a low profile neck is even pretty easy to play now. I would go for a full size small body guitar. Im sure after a while you will be able to play it just fine If you would have asked me this question a few weeks ago I would have said go for the 3/4 size! I am so surprised at how quickly things change with practice.

Martin 00-28VS custom

http://feathersprings.fischerworks.com