View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 04:19 AM

Default New Martin OMC-Aura finish/gloss peeling off headstock plate.

Hi. Just bought a brand new Martin omc aura March 2, 2weeks ago in NYC, Sam Ash. This morning it occurred to me that the glossfinish started to peel off the top left sided of the headstock. Just to check how much would peel off, I used my fingernail and this is the result on the youtubelink posted to this thread. I will email, the store manager to get their opinion on the matter. this guitar is my new masterpiece and I am thrilled to have such a nice and well playing instrument. I would in another words, be very sad and confused by now, since Martin is known for better quality than this, but choose to give them a chance to fix it or refinish it. I' m not shure of how they do it, but I' m curious of the reply I will get on the e-mail I sent. This is sure thing not a wear and tear thing since I hardly played it for more than one week since purchase, and hasn't been hit against anyting or misused. So I'll be happy to know what happened( fabrication failure?) I will surely have to to bring it back to the store so they can give it an inspection. I would be glad to hear your opinions on this or if anyone has experiensed "such a tragedy!! "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehuYd...sBB2U5zz0_lgw=

Sincerery, Jon.
Marshall ASD 100 Soloist