View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 03:48 PM
Charter Member

Location: Stationary home in NJ. Mobile home on any given highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
I just took advantage of Toby's Cyber Monday sale and got his ''Doing more with Less-The Blues'' package of lessons. I just looked it over and there is a lot there, including at the very end David Bromberg's ''Pine Tree Woman'', a very cool song that I remember from way back when the album came out in 72 or 73.

It's going to take a long time to get to that one but so far Toby's lessons have done me a lot of good and kept me, my wife and the two cats entertained. I started on the ''Look ma, I'm Fingerpicking package in July. I only have ''Begging Back Blues'' to learn on that one and I've been working on the beginning of the ''Blues Foundation'' lessons, so it's going to take a while to get to the new lessons.

It's not just learning the songs. The lessons are giving me the tools to hear what's going on when I listen to other songs. They have loosened up my fingers and they are giving me confidence to try other things that I want to be able to play.

Thank you, Toby, your lessons are have not only been helpful, they are a lot of fun to play!
Thank YOU Lowrider! I'm really happy to hear that you're getting so much out of these lessons.

I honestly try to teach more than 'just the song.' It's my goal to make better guitar players out of everyone, which in my book means showing the various ways one can be creative with the tunes, as well as learning the ins and outs of the guitar itself.