View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 01:02 PM

Default If I had to sell all but one...

If I had to sell all my electrics and could only keep just one, my answer surprises even me. It would be my Epiphone Dot (335).

I've got a lot of great guitars including a Gibson LP numbered, limited edition, a Chibson LP, 4 Strats including a MIA Deluxe and a '96 Tele. But the one guitar that can cover it all is the Epi Dot.

I got this guitar (in mint condition) for a straight up trade for a '99 Squier Strat SE. I'd considered a real 335 but even used they are up in the $2000+ range. So I got this Dot off of CL, crazily enough for a straight up trade for my old Squier. It hangs on my wall and every time I pick it up and plug it in I will ask myself what I'm missing from a Gibson 335. Honestly, very little. Of course, side-by-side the Gibson is a "better" guitar, but you'd have to compare them side by side to tell.

I have done a couple small mods to it. I've rolled the fingerboard edges for comfort and made sure the fret ends were nice and round. And I've taken off that silly looking, attention grabbing "E" sticker on the pickguard. It's amazing what a few small tweaks will do. I must have gotten a "good one" because I had the opportunity to upgrade to the "pro" model, but mine just felt better than the other similar Epi 335's I tried.

So in all it's glory...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Epi_Dot.jpg (94.7 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg Epi_noE_sm.jpg (31.1 KB, 174 views)
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS