View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

Default Aloha Chapin Fan

Aloha Chapinfan,

Excellent suggestions so far.

Yeah, I had that locking track/RAM issue with GB.

Fix: Move up to Logic Pro as soon as you can. To me, the workflows in Logic make sense & are easy. And you'll get so many choices. Logic & Pro Tools are the only professional DAW's found in every pro studio. Only $199. Just do it.

Second: When you can, trade in your MacBook & move up to a 21.5" (or wider) iMac w/ 8-16 gigs of RAM. Only use this computer for your music projects. Do not mix everyday computing with your music projects. This avoids lotsa little hassles. I haven't had a crash or error message in nine years using this approach, DAW & gear.

When you get a new Apple, you should also sign up for the Logic Pro "One on One" program (which you can get when you sign up for new Apple gear). For $99, you get as many free trainings in Logic in a calendar year as you'd like, at the store of your choice, with a certified Logic trainer. Totally demystifies Logic & cuts your learning curve by years. Can't beat it. I signed up for 56 trainings in one year & re-upped for the next year. Have the trainer show you how to easily add a guitar track.

Third: Do not store your projects on your computer. Use high quality external hard drives. Glyph's have the best lost data guarantees.

Adding a guitar track should be easy as pie. It is in Logic.

Good Luck, Chapinfan

alohachris

Last edited by alohachris; 11-01-2017 at 04:17 PM.