View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 04:36 PM

Fretofile,
I didn't realize that the eq you're using was $250 or less. Thanks for the info, Maybe I'll try it.

Tadol,
I love to amuse myself with amp modelers but I've never actually used one on the job. I'm looking for a much more subtle kind of sound shaping than that (though I'd love to hear a Schertler chorus setting). I've also been using a Gens Benz Compak 300 8" and it has a very interesting sound. Though it's more of an electric amp in general presentation, as compared to the natural sound of the Schertler, it has much more of the control I'm looking for. As I move from location to location, the bass response especially can become problematic. Certain songs need a more forward guitar sound and when I do that I get low end feedback fairly often. The mids also get touchy because my guitars pickup combo (Fishman undersaddle with a Quackbuster) is mid forward always and needs these dialed down. Sometimes surgically.

The Genz Benz has a pretty terrible reverb section but it can dialed to soaking so, at least with the one hall setting, it is far more useful than the Schertler there too.

I only have a few amps left to try and I'll see if there's anything that suits me better than a Loudbox Artist. Though the Schertler has a more neutral and organic sound, I'm beginning to think that the Loudbox Artist is all I need. Trouble with that is that that's an amp I don't own.

I have been playing a loudbox 100 but it's being repaired now.