View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 06:04 AM

Hey Danny, like you I am a fan of the Jam 100 but also like you I felt it could use a little more control EQ wise. The sound I was able to get plugging straight in was good, no doubt about it but I knew it could be even better. I picked up a Boss GE-7 and instantly was happier with the control and sound I was able to get. Then a few people mentioned the ParaEQ, rockabilly69 being one of them. I tired that and within an hour of tweaking nobs my sound went from really good with the GE-7 to really, really good with the ParaEQ. I mentioned this to rockabilly69 afterwards that it was like hitting a Hi-Fi switch, my sound just came alive.
Now I know you are playing on the streets and power and portability is a huge concern but if you can find an extra 9volts of power for the ParaEQ and don't mind hooking up one extra cable, it's well worth it. If you can't draw any more power from your battery/inverter you can make a 9-volt power supply with rechargable double AA's for a few bucks or use the GE-7 with a 9volt battery.
ParaEQ will set you back about $225 (get a coupon from Musician Friend) or find a used GE-7 for $50-$75. Either way it's a small investment that will give you the much needed control.