Thread: Bedell guitars?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 04:58 PM

Bedell was the Two Old Hippies brand before they purchased Breedlove and Weber. Prior to the purchase, Bedell guitars were made in China. The Chinese-made Bedell guitars were very good quality but were discontinued when Bedell and Breedlove rebranded their head stocks in 2013, shortly after being purchased by Two Old Hippies.

The current line of Bedell guitars are the namesake of the present owner of Breedlove and Weber. I've been in a room with a lot of Bedells and Breedloves. I'd say the Bedell guitars generally equal or surpass higher-end U.S. made Breedloves. I would guess that they are aimed at a slightly different market than Breedloves - maybe aimed at the more acoustic purist.

They also focus on people who want to make a purchase of a life-time and help design their own custom guitar with the guidance of Bedell's small staff. The reasons you may not be more aware of the production guitars made under the Bedell brand are (1) Bedell is somewhat overshadowed by Breedlove, (2) Bedell is a smaller guitar company within a guitar company, (3) Bedell produces fewer guitars than Breedlove, and (4) Bedell has only 24 U.S. dealers, according to its website, which I suggest you look at if you are seriously considering purchasing a Bedell guitar.

Would love to own any of their current production guitars.