View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 11:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieAtienza View Post
Loving the sound so far... having built two carved-back guitars myself I think there are some appreciable differences as opposed to a domed back. There is also an advantage in box tuning in that the recurve area can be worked after the box is built to increase bass response.

I remember a Buscarino that built boutique quality Fender-style electrics in the 80s or so. Is this the same guy? Think it was Nova guitars?
Yes, the very same Louis.

In the early 1980s after leaving his two year apprenticeship with Bob Benedetto, John started an electric guitar company called Nova Guitars which he ran for over five years before selling it to a Japanese company. He invented and patented a novel neck joint for bolt on electric solid body guitars that increased the strength of the neck joint while allowing one shape the heel for better upper fingerboard access it like a through neck design. After Nova, John started Buscarino Guitars and turned his focus towards jazz guitars now over 25-years ago. He still makes a solid body electric guitar models using this style of joint today that he calls a “Mira”.

https://buscarino.com/the-mira