View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 12:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colins View Post
Hey Dustin, nice to see a Beneteau build thread. Thanks for posting.

And walnut, even better! My first custom build was an Italian/walnut CX by Mike Baranik and it is a really fine wood combination. I’ve only played one Beneteau (John’s in Tucson) and it was a great guitar. So enjoy the build and please, post some more photos!

Col
I certainly will! I'm extremely excited to see what Euro/walnut will sound like in Marc's hands. The ebony b/s model M I own is the finest guitar I've ever played, from setup to looks to sheer power and complexity...idve never thought an ebony guitar would stay put in my stable but Marc's balance and clarity are still there.

Engelmann and Brazilian sure sounds like it'd be a treat to the ears though! I find it interesting that most will say Engelmann is generally a quieter Spruce without the headroom of say, Adirondack or Euro, but John said it's his loudest guitar.

In one of our emails Marc made the point in saying "NOTHING IS SET IN STONE" in regards to tonewood generalizations and I couldn't agree more.
That fella could probably make some driftwood and Home Depot plywood sound good XD

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com