View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly66 View Post
I took the plunge with LA Guitar Sales. They said 6 weeks.

I'm using my Voyage Air and GS Mini until then. I just bought the Voyage Air used, in great condition while on a business trip. I changed the bridge pins to make it sound not-so-brash and also got a bone saddle for it. THEN I saw the Journey Overhead and liked the neck design and the other design elements and features. I almost got the sitka/sapele version, but thought about all of the things I worry about when traveling and decided to invest in the carbon fiber. The GS Mini is already up for sale and the Voyage Air will be for sale once the OF-660 arrives.

You're gonna love your guitar once you're able to get your hands on it! I have been truly loving mine. I consider myself very lucky to be at the "right place at the right time" which gave me the option to purchase one early.

Well just an update or two on my OF-660. Still playing as beautiful as the day I purchased it. Recently replaced the strings and boy does it sing. I'm heading out to the rig tomorrow and she's traveling with me again. It's such a joy to have a guitar travels so well and sounds so good. I'm 100% satified with my purchase. The only negatives to report are I'm still experiencing a bit of minor fret buzz when capo'd (mainly with the capo on the 2nd & 3rd frets). It's a minor buzz, but it is worth noting. I did slightly adjust the truss rod which did alleviate the issue somewhat. Also the OF-660 does have the tuning issues that pretty much every guitar with a detachable/folding neck deals with. When the neck is installed it takes some time for the guitar and strings to settle in. So expect to tune and re-tune the guitar three or four times after installing the neck. The good news is that once everything is stabilized the guitar will stay in tune like it's supposed to. And finally when installing the neck pay close attention to the bridge to make sure that the string spacing, are spaced properly. Most of the time you won't have any problems, but it is something to keep an eye on.

Finally if anyone would be interested in a non-backpack case for the OF-660. The Road Runner Roadster Little Brat soft case is a perfect fit for the OF-660. Almost like it was custom built for Journey's little travel guitar. I use case when at the house, and of course the backpack case is used when I'm on the road. Here's some pics of the case.

Voyage-Air Transit Series VAOM-02
Squire Classic Vibe Telecaster Thinline
Custom Built Reliced Strat