View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 08:30 AM

For the past 6 years I have been using the EAW FR129Z passive tops/QSC PLXamps and they have served me well but I began looking for powered speakers because of their effecientcy and weight. I tried out (in my own environment) every brand in the $1k or less category with exception of the RCF which I hear are awesome for the money. The two that it came down to was the QSC KW122 and the Yamaha DSR112. To me the Yamaha DSR112 had a better sound and the coverage area was better than any single speaker I have ever heard. Needless to say, I purchased two DSR112s and I have been extremely happy ever since. My plan was to purchase two more DSR112s until I heard that they came out with a new line that are similar to the K series QSC. They are call the DXR series and they are molded like the K's.
I would highly recommend trying out the DXR10. Dimensions are about the same between them and the K. However, if they are anything like the DSR, they will kill the K series in sound quality, coverage and max output. Give it a look.
http://usa.yamaha.com/products/live_...product_lineup
2022 Yamaha FG5
2010 Taylor DN3