View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clallam View Post
Beginner? Yep, that's me. I'm also teaching myself using books and online resources since I live in a small, isolated community so I don't have an instructor to ask.

In my case, the frustration is more due to not getting the "Why?" It's not my preferred learning mode but if I must I can watch any of dozens of videos online and get which fingers go where. I'm more interested in guidelines I can use to figure out the next one and the ones after that....or alternatively enough examples that I can find the patterns between them.
I'm somewhat of a beginner myself. I've been playing 2 months on, 10 months off for years. This hasn't allowed myself to progress much but it did get me comfortable with the very very basics.

I've had a FEW lessons but nothing I would say had any impact on where I am now. I've self-studied some theory on my own in the past and that's probably why during the very brief explanation by Dan I sortof got what was going on, however you connected the rest of the dots on what you found.