View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcouStickistNS View Post
I experimented with this last night, noticed the Parametric eq is three band, not two like I thought. I set two frequencies that I know will create feedback and gave them the smallest q-factor. Did not lose much tone and an expression pedal was not necessary, I assigned it to one foot switch. So three individual patches could be setup.

I don't have feedback issues anymore, but I might get a chance later in the week to try this patch with some other instruments and amps. I experimented by playing hard enough to let certain strings ring out. Not the greatest way to test this, but it least I get an idea of how it impacts tone. The additional q parameter gives one more feature besides frequency and cut/boost that I've seen on other pedals and amps.

When I had an older acoustic amp I hit the feedback button on a Zoom A3 which could instantly remove feedback, but I wasn't always happy with the resulting tone. Great discussion as sometimes I'm not allowed to bring my amp or PA when playing outside of home.
Great report. Excellent information. Thanks for sharing!
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood!
'21 Gretsch 5622
'22 Furch Red Pure G-LR - Barbera Soloist
ST-300 Mini + DIY mic preamp