View Single Post
Old 05-23-2003, 03:34 PM

You can find great sounding guitars from any major brand or luthier but in the long run is where the difference comes in. Taylors new neck design WILL lend to low action and great playability for the life of the guitar and if it ever needs a neck reset it takes 5 minutes and new shims where the glue on neck well---- could ruin the instrument . I have seen the dreaded hump at the 14th fret on some high dollar name brand guitars and they were NEW! Gibsons have been to me high in the string action hieght area so harder to play. Gibson uses nitro laquer too and it will crack or yellow eventually where as the taylor finish I believe is much more durable. I`ve seen martins crack too less than a year old. Too me for playabilty and tone and quality you can`t beat a taylor IMO. If you plan on owning it for years too the taylor is your best bet. I know some people say follow your ears but when paying good money for an instrument I want it to play and look and sound good YEARS from now not just new and taylor will deliver that for ya.IMO taylor necks can`t be beat. I used to play electric exclusively and the taylor neck is like playing an electric. I just wish my Les paul had a satin finish neck like my taylor. The 60s neck and my 810 taylor ad very close in feel.
Lee