View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-arino View Post
So far my decision has been no decision. I'll probably bring my X20 on the first trip and see how it goes. I'm not convinced that a slightly smaller guitar will be much easier to schlep. The X20 in it's gig bag looks sorta small and I'd be fine with a gate check.
And i like the idea of hitting some Berkeley pawn shops and maybe keep a beater at my son apt.
Discussions on "travel" guitars are great fun to read, but rarely helpful because everyone has different criteria for just what a travel guitar should be.

Lightweight? Rugged? Weatherproof? Airline safe? Backpackable?

On my boat I didn't care about weight, but size and resistance to humidity mattered. When I went backpacking I needed really lightweight and as small as possible (no carbon fiber back then). When I went car camping I just took a beater. For airline travel, I would probably just get a really good travel case today, but back in the 70s I just turned my D28 over to the airlines in its regular case.

But I would be amazed if anyone agreed with my choices. Which is why we have so many of these interesting discussions.