View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 12:38 AM

Default dr500 mce

Hello , i have just bought DR500 MCE VS , it came brand new few days ago from the thomann.de shop and i also noticed that the saddle is not what it looks like on pics , its the same as yours , simple bone saddle but its fine with me.I bought it thinking it has good pickup system but now i have a little problem with it. I had my first gig with it last night and it was in small restaurant with not much volume , to cut it short , i couldnt use nanoflex pickup at all , i had to switch all the way to nanomag because of this nasty feedback i was getting. I noticed it when i tried the guitar through different PA the night before so its not the PA , i dont think its the volume issue because i play lot louder usually and now the feedback comes even if i turn the volume down a lot , and its a strange feedback , it comes quick with no warning , sudden death , low boomy feedback. When i tried the electronics the night before on my own PA , i took the time and tried to get the sound but i always get some boomy feedback from the pickups , especially on some notes around 5th fret of 4th and 3rd string i get some strange boomy sound, the notes are not clear, but only when i use nanoflex , no matter how much blend or eq position , it only stops when i switch all the way to nanomag pickup , but thats not why i bought the f... guitar. Please sorry for long post im still p...off about last night gig , i had new guitar i was gonna show off with it and it turned out to be disaster gig. Could it be the pickup not working as it should , does anyone has similar experience and what could i do about it? I live in Bosnia and Hercegovina so i cant just easily go to their store or send a guitar on check without a hassle... Please help , thanks .