View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 08:48 PM

Smile

hi,
i'm new to hear but have been struggling with same thing myself...
after finally getting a used (1998) d-28 (which i love btw) i wanted something of a "beater" dread for festivals etc esp since my chops dont yet deserve said d-28...
after some looking and a lust for a sunburst dread, I just bought a recording king RD-26, basically a d-18 copy all solid wood. That model isnt available anymore but my other 1st choice personally was a RK rT-16 (torrefied) for a beater, tho it does have a laminate back and sides.
I'm a fan of Recording King stuff, Eastman too (i have a Potomac 000-28 copy that i LERVE) i've never had a blueridge but they have a great reputation around here and on many other forums and circles...

Once i'm where i wanna be i hope i'll take my d-28 there w me, and i hope you'll take your Collings w you too, but for now i totally get the reservation.

(side-note)
this is my 1st ever post here,...the sum of yall's guitars, those of ya who have that as a signature, where do ya add that?
i'm happy to be here, be reading for years, just officially joined this afternoon (rainy day)
cheers