View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyAddison View Post
Steve,

Man you are rich!!!

To be able to use guitars like that for firewood....wow!!

Beauty and the Beast indeed, very nice "pairing" my friend, would love to play both of them. I'm with you, plain (standard, GE, Authentic) or all dressed up (40 series) a great Martin is judged by it's voice not it's face.

So how do you like your CS OM-45? I recently tried a round of 13's on my gits because my latest (OM-18A) came with them, and I thought what the heck lets try some, and I really like them on my OM-45 (tuned down 1/2 step).

Great guitars, very nice fireplace....happy picking my friend

Hey Rich, I'm really loving the OM-45 and have been spending most of my time these days playing her. I hope to record a song with her in the near future.

I saw your recent thread about '13 string sets and found it interesting. I experimented around briefly with adding a .13 on the first string (on a light set) on my Goodall and my other Martin OM, and I experimented with using True Mediums on the other OM for playing in DADGAD and Open D & G.

However I found it didn't work for me. The only exception is I do use a full medium set on 'The Beast" as I keep it tuned down a whole step (D - D) for strumming and singing!

Oh and I 'only' use Koa and occasionally African Blackwood (when I can find it) for firewood.

'More guitars than I need but not as many as I want.'