View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 08:23 PM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisme View Post
Ok so i got my k&k installed and i actualy prefure the k&k with out the mike pedal. The k&k sounds amazing just like the guitar unplugged tried it both with my ac33 and street cube EX and wow both sound amazing. K&k is also much better than other types of pick ups for slide it sounds just like the guitar but sometimes i play slide with overdrive and k&k and overdrive sounds so will continue to use soundhole pickup for overdrive slide but for non-overdrive slide and acoustic stuff. Not used the k&k at a gig plugged into the pa and that yet, expecting i need a pre amp for that so i can adjust the middle treble and bass. But when i have my amp i can do it on that. Im gonna get a k&k installed on my other guitar eventually. Even all that said the mike pedal is still amazing just not so much with the k&k becuase the k&k is so perfect

If you want it to sound even better, get even an inexpensive small diaphragm condenser and use it externally. Set the bass frequencies to be more dominant with the pickup and the mids/trebles more to the K&K to get the "air" or transparency of the acoustic. Takes a while to get it tweaked, but you will never sound better.

Last edited by Kerbie; 01-22-2017 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Edited quote