View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1952 View Post
People have changes of heart. Happens every day. It doesn't make them immoral The OP gets to keep his guitar, the buyer gets his money back and can search for another just like it.....no harm, no foul.
No harm/foul, perhaps, but not always. What if I wanted to buy your Eastman dread, we reached a deal, and I sent the money (as here)? What if I raised that money by selling 2 guitars at a less-than-optimal price than I would have accepted but for the fact that I needed to move quickly to get your Eastman? What if, while I was selling the guitars, I saw another Eastman for sale that was even nicer than yours, at a better price, but I passed it up because we had a deal, and now that Eastman's gone?

Then I get a call from you saying "I changed my mind, no harm no foul, good luck." Now, I've relied on your word that you'd deliver what I already paid for, that you'd honor our contract, and I acted on that reliance, to my detriment. As a result of your backing out, however, I'm now down $$ for the 2 guitars, and I missed that other sweet Eastman. I'd consider myself harmed, in that exchange.

Things aren't always as simple as they could be, when people are involved.