Thread: the minicorda
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2023, 11:10 AM

Default Minicorda Owner - anyone else having an issue w/ High E string?

Hi There.

I recently purchased a Minicorda and by and large I'm quite happy with it. Mostly purchased just to keep on top of my daily practice regimen while on the road. I have a small VOX amp that runs on two batteries and plugs into the guitar. Works beautifully and allows me to play along with backing tracks. Can also plug it into a tiny powered speaker (I use the OONTZ ... about $20) and that creates a VERY portable kit for travel.

Regarding the guitar, I've gotten used to the rather close fret spacing and the quirky allen wrench tuning mechanism. (I'm working on a hack for that ... more on that later...)

To my issue.

I find that the High E string is dramatically quieter than any of the other strings. Much quieter even then the B string. I can't help but think it's a problem with the Fishman piezo, but I'm not sure. Minicorda suggested I crank the treble. While that helps somewhat, it still doesn't fully address the issue and it also changes the tune of the entire instrument.

Anyway, sorry for the long-windedness, but I'm wondering if any owners have this same problem.

Thanks everyone.

Ken