View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 02:37 AM

Wow. It sounds killer! I was initially so eager to hear it I just played the youtube video on my laptop and was thinking it sounded great but just wasn't what you were describing, the clarity was there but it seemed surprisingly bright.
I then went over to my monitor speakers and listened again. Your description suddenly became spot on. The mahogany-ness reappeared along with a smoothness to go with that clarity which stayed. I guess it might be a good thing that regardless of what speakers you listen through, the clarity of it is obvious.
Laptop speakers are never the best way to hear something, and it always surprises my just how inaccurate they are and how much of the frequency spectrum gets lost when I switch between them and proper speakers.

After listening to that guitar I decided not to run a comparison with this and the guitar I built myself and recently did a recording of, because I always liked the way mine sounded and i'm enjoying playing it at the moment (even though my playing is terrible) but if I compared the 2 directly I think mine may just become a piece of wall art.

also, nice playing

David