View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turp View Post
Thanks for the comments. I wouldn't have been able to review an instrument if it weren't for what I have learned from others here.

As you stated 66strummer, it is only minimally heavier than my 000-28EC. Interestingly, my Breedlove is heavy, but the tone is tremendous. I attribute most of the Breedlove's weight to the neck(double truss and slight thickness) and the body depth.

I read some remarks about RK and suspect earlier models, and possibly still some others, were overbuilt. This plagues alot of instruments where production numbers and stability are managed through overbuilding rather than committing some extra effort.

There are alot of good guitars choices out there in the $400-$700 range.

I keep a close eye on comments people make about Recording King guitars as the RK forum is merged within the Blueridge Forum that I "mod", along with Dave. You're a member there as well? I've noticed that a lot of people say that their Recording King guitars are not particularly heavy. The ones I tried originally were, without a shadow of doubt. I think that since Recording Kings were lifetime warranteed from the start, they started out bracing them heavier to avoid warranty issues later. Fortunately they seem to have revised the "overbracing". I believe that your statements that I highlighted are "spot on" too.