View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 12:47 PM

1980- I had $1000 in my pocket to buy my first acoustic. I was all set to pull the trigger on a Martin that would have eaten my entire $1k. Then the shop keeper/luthier comes out of the back and asks me if he can help me. After a short conversation he brings out this used, 1974 Alvarez Yairi DY-77 that he had been working on. I took it in the back room with the Martin and there was no contest. I liked the sound better than the Martin and played every bit as well (love the soft V neck). I asked him how much, and he said, with OHSC $175! It wasn't a matter of money.

Today this guitar is officially my daughter's. I wouldn't be surprised if one day she didn't hand it down to a grandchild. I don't think it will ever leave the family before both of us are gone.

Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS