View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 08:10 AM

I was extremely skeptical about the Baggs Venus at first. I even bidded on ebay for a PADI as I have used it for many years and it is one of the most versatile DIs I have used that captures the essence of acoustic instruments.

However after looking over the owners manual, and talking to a few knowledgable friends, I decided to take a leap of faith and pay the extra premium for a venue when my bid did not win and I have never regretted the decision ever since.

The power of the venue is really remarkable, imagine the PADI but more refined controls with still the same ease of dialing in select frequencies etc. I owned a Taylor K4 before the venue and the venue is way easier to use during any live session just because it is ready to go almost instantly. The boost feature is very handy when I switch between strumming and fingerstyle.

In terms of recording with the venue, I was really put off at first with the white noise it generated, but after looking through and asking more questions on this forum, I dialed down the gain but increased the volume whilst setting my recording (input) volume lower. The results were awesome.

Is it a Para Acoustic DI? No.
It's way better (=