View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
I did the 10 day demo on the The Lexicon Native Reverb and it does sound quite nice. Warmth and very clean tails. I can't compare it to the hardware versions
it emulates though since I have not used those in my system. However the ease of use as a VST and the mulitple instances you can use of it are big pluses
compared to hardward.
Hey ric,

You know it's never the tails that I listen to although I know that seems to be the standard test bench mark for reverbs

The test for me is how the reverb "appears" in the mix. I always reference James Taylor's Hourglass for examples of stunning reverbs. Sometimes in that mix the reverbs are VERY heavy but don't necessarily appear that way. They're big hall's with LONG pre-delay's and yet sit so wonderfully. Listen to Branford Marsalis soprano sax solo on the song GAIA.

Here to fore any software I've tried just doesn't do that. They "sit" canny and intrusive. Then I gotta scramble to start eq'ing and dialing back and well...compromising.

Not saying the new breed of soft-verbs aren't better as they may well be and of course the ability to use more than one is somewhat of an advantage and certainly keeping the parameters you've found helpful in a folder for instant recall is cool.

I'm gonna try em when I get a chance but until then my M-3000 is still very hard to beat.