View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
PRS's are 25" scale to Gibson's 24.75". Don't know if it make a difference to you but it does to me. If I'm shopping for a 24.75", I'm shopping for a 24.75".

Back to your original question, I'd go with the Gibson, period. I've owned Epis. I just did a pickup replacement on an Epi V. Before the replacement, I had a constant problem with feedback. The pickups had a significant high-end boost. We replaced them with Seymour Duncans and the guitar turned into a great ax. There are still a couple of issues: the pickup switch became intermittent within a couple of years and the pots began to go rather quickly as well. All this is covered by the warranty, but it means a trip to the store for a repair.

I've never had a Gibson switch fail, and my oldest is 37 years old. Besides that, the maple cap on an LP studio is thicker than that of an Epi. You don't have to wonder what it will sound like with decent pickups, either.

But it is a personal choice and you've got to make it with your own little fingers and ears. Have fun!

Bob
the PRS SE 245 has the exact same scale length as the Gibson LP 24.5" hense the name SE 245. also has same seperate volume and tone knobs as the LP