View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 05:06 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradHall View Post
Tadol, I recently acquired a 14" Delta bandsaw. I did find a reproduction of the instruction manual and, while helpful, it is pretty minimal. You mentioned a book on proper set up. Can you specify which book please? It doesn't have the riser block which I'll put on my lengthy list of wants and needs, so I won't be doing resawing of plates for a while. I do have an old Homecraft (Delta) small bandsaw that works fine for thin stock. It has a 1/4" blade. I need a new blade on the 14" saw and am wondering what a good "all around " blade would be best. I'm looking at the Grizzly catalog that shows two 1/2" blades, 4 and 6 hook, carbide "lmbedded", whatever that is. At about $17 ea. and considering I'm probably going to average 3-4 builds a year, do you or anyone have a recommendation for me?
Since I know you will be there, Brad, perhaps I'll add a band-saw set up tutorial to my presentation at the Northern California Assn. of Luthiers (NCAL) meeting I am hosting Sunday, 1/8/17 from 1 pm til 5pm in my shop. Remind me if I forget. All are welcome to attend. Address is on my website.