View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 12:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
I'm going to have to look into that. It's hard for me to buy without getting my hands on it to play first. Another name came up while I was doing some research, Fletcher-Brock. Sarah Jarosz plays one:

https://youtu.be/Hpd9QgQEQ2E

I never play my National Tricone, I could trade that in and be half-way to an Octave.

Edit: Do you think a K&K twin mando pickup would work on one of these instruments?
I would say you could sell the tricone pretty easy. The Fletcher-Brock is going to be about double I think, and a couple years wait-I have a friend with one, they like it a lot, had to wait 2 years to get it. He played the NF octave at a some instrument show and loved it.
Northfield has an easy return option, if you don't like it you just send it back, very easy folks to deal with. And since they have a wait list on everything, they have no problem filling a spot with an instrument.

Northfields are known for two big things, tone and setup. Those are two huge factors, then you go into beauty and quality of the build and you have a complete picture.

I have no idea about the K&K, but I don't see why not.

no worries taking this thread anywhere it wants to go, its fun to keep it alive and talk about other instruments. these octaves are very very interesting.

I'm trying to decide if I want to sell the Collings MF to get in line for one.

d