View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 09:20 AM

I always felt sorry for the poor souls who need to do that.

I spent a good number of years in a job when I would need to answer the phone in case it was someone who might have a time-sensitive issue from wherever they might be. So I couldn't let it go to voice mail.

When I got the cold calls, my goal was to get them off the line as quickly as possible, I'd be very curt, but I think that was best for both of us.

Yes, just like the OP, I would wonder who would make a buying decision based on a cold call out of the blue, particularly now when one can look for vendors much more easily when you do have a need. Now in my artistic endeavors, I'm a very reluctant self-promoter. I always think that if I make moves to promote my work that I'm just like those guys who needed to call me up and ask if I had any needs that their company could fulfill. I don't want to be that guy.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....